Tel: 01373 832804
Welcome to Steiner Academy Frome
In 2015-16, the Steiner Academy Frome is . . .
a new school – opened in September 2012; spent its first two years in Corsley; moved into Frome in September 2014; moved on to its completed site in April 2015.
a young school – in September 2015, 75% of the pupils were aged 9 or under.
an emergent school – an all-through school that is growing from the bottom up. Currently, the range is Year R to Year 7 (Kindergarten to Class 6). Over the next 10 years, the school will emerge into a two-from entry, all-through school for children and young people aged 4 to 16.
a good school where,
- “pupils are well cared for . . . behave well and work confidently with their teachers and each other”;
- there exists “a strong culture of learning amongst staff and pupils”;
- “staff pay unwavering attention to meeting the needs of each pupil”;
- “children in the kindergarten classes thrive in an atmosphere of care and trust . . . and acquire a firm foundation of skills and highly positive attitudes to learning”;
- “the teaching is good . . . and responsive to how the individual pupil is learning, and gentle in guiding . . . children to new experiences”;
- “pupils carry their innate love of learning, exploring and thinking throughout the day”;
- “governors are fully focused on monitoring and challenging the school’s performance”. (Ofsted Inspection Report, February 2014)
Important Public Notice
Statutory School Admissions Consultation
Proposals to Alter The Admission Arrangements Applying For
The Steiner Academy Frome
In accordance with the requirements of the 2014 School Admissions Code, the Academy Trust responsible for the Steiner Academy Frome (The Admission Authority) is conducting a consultation in connection with proposals to alter the admission arrangements for this school. It is intended that the revised Admission Arrangements will apply with effect from 1 September 2017.
You may view the proposed 2017/18 School Admission Arrangements here
The consultation will open on Monday 14th December 2015 and will close on Friday 29January 2016. During this period, you are invited to submit any comments concerning the proposed Admission Arrangements, by letter or email:
Please write to: Admission Arrangement Consultation
Steiner Academy Frome
Somerset BA11 1EU
The proposed alterations include:
- A substantial revision to the layout of the Admission Arrangements in the interests of providing additional clarity. Key areas of local policy are now set out under distinctive headings and the content has been simplified as far as possible.
- The Admission Arrangements include new policy concerning the admission of children below statutory school age, especially relating to ‘summer born’ children. This reflects the requirements of the 2014 School Admissions Code
- A revised definition of the child’s ‘home address’ (Section 1.4)
- A new Glossary and Definitions (Appendix A)
- A revised In-Year application Form (Appendix B)
- A Supplementary Information Form (Appendix C)
What happens next?
Following closure of the consultation, the Admission Authority will consider any comments returned during the consultation period. Within two calendar weeks of the consultation ending, a full response will be published on the School website and the consultees will be informed. Once agreed by the Admission Authority, the 2017/18 Admission Arrangements will be published on the School website by 15 March 2016.
Your chance to tell us (and Ofsted) what you think about your school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of our school. It is is straighforward to complete and it gives Ofsted a very real idea of how we are doing and what areas we might need to improve on...and obviously it is a resource for the school as well.
Follow this link to register Parent View