Tel: 01373 832804
Welcome to the web-site of the Steiner Academy Frome
This young and growing Steiner Free School opened in September 2012. This is our third year as a school and our first year in Frome.
The Steiner Academy Frome:
- is the first publicly-funded Steiner Free School in England
- is a growing all-through school for children and young people from 4 to 16 years old
- understands the educational process as an integrated blend of academic learning, arts and crafts, foreign languages, movement and music, and ethics and spirituality
- has 190 pupils on roll, from 4 to 11 years of age
- has the admissions point at rising 5 and there are 26 places on offer in each year-group
- will, from 2015, begin to offer 52 places in a double-form entry from rising 5
- will grow to provide over 630 places over the next 11 years
- looks forward, next spring, to the completion of the programme of building works on the site of the former Victoria Hospital
- intends to offer the children and families of Frome an educational and cultural resource that is lively, welcoming and of interest to many people
Steiner Academy Frome is rated a 'good school' by Ofsted
Following a two day visit at the end of February, the Ofsted report concluded that pupils ‘achieve well, both academically and socially’, thanks to the staff‘s ‘unwavering attention to meeting the needs of each pupil.’
Your chance to tell us (and Ofsted) what you think about your school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of our school. It is is straighforward to complete and it gives Ofsted a very real idea of how we are doing and what areas we might need to improve on...and obviously it is a resource for the school as well.
Follow this link to register Parent View