Tel: 01373 832804
"Steiner Academy Frome is rated a ‘good school’ by Ofsted"
Following a two day visit at the end of February, the Ofsted report concluded that pupils ‘achieve well, both academically and socially’, thanks to the staff‘s ‘unwavering attention to meeting the needs of each pupil.’
More details and the full report are available here.
- The strengths of the Class teaching system - where the same teacher follows their class as they progress through the school - as the reliable basis for tracking and planning pupils’ learning at an appropriate level and for providing opportunities for pupils to work with like-minded peers;
- How teacher-based summative tests are used discretely in an education that is not test driven;
- How attainment is measured by recognizing and celebrating all abilities and talents, not just academic ones, across the broad curriculum that all pupils participate in to the age of 16, irrespective of ability;
- How the monitoring and reviewing of progress within the school day and also over a much longer period takes account of a deep understanding of what each pupil brings, using a wide and unconventional range of indicators;
- How the school conforms to national expectations at 16 without compromising the uniqueness of the Steiner approach and where this requires some exceptions, as follows:
- EYFS: our kindergartens will apply to be exempted from those statutory Learning and Development Goals that cut across the Steiner Early EYs curriculum.
- KS1: our Funding Agreement exempts us from KS1 testing.
- The Phonics Screening Check will be included in the screening tests for pupils in Class 2
- SATs KS2: pupils in Class 5 will be registered for SATs KS2, with a clear commitment to parents that this will not disrupt the teaching of the Steiner curriculum.
- GCSE: Pupils at 16 will be provided with the opportunity to prepare for GCSEs More details here
Your chance to tell us (and Ofsted) what you think about your school.
Parent View asks for your opinion on 12 aspects of our school. It is is straighforward to complete and it gives Ofsted a very real idea of how we are doing and what areas we might need to improve on...and obviously it is a resource for the school as well.
Follow this link to register Parent View