Tel: 01373 832804
Welcome to Steiner Academy Frome
The Steiner Academy Frome
- began life in September 2012 as the first Steiner Free School in England
- spent the first two years in the delightful Wiltshire village of Corsley
- moved into a corner of the building site in Frome in September 2014
- took the keys to the completed site in April 2015
This is a young school.
- this autumn, we have 285 pupils on roll, from age 4 to 13. Of these, 104 children are in the early years phase and attend one of our 6 kindergarten groups
- we have single form entry from age 6+ to 13+ & double-form entry for our 4s and 5s
This is a growing school.
- currently, the range is Year R to Year 8 (Kindergarten to Class 7). In the years ahead, the school will evolve into a two-form, all-through school for children and young people aged 4 to 16
- the school will continue to grow, from the roots of early childhood, for the next 10 years until full capacity is reached in 2025-26
This is a good school where,
- “pupils are well cared for . . . behave well and work confidently with their teachers and each other”;
- there exists “a strong culture of learning amongst staff and pupils”;
- “staff pay unwavering attention to meeting the needs of each pupil”;
- “children in the kindergarten classes thrive in an atmosphere of care and trust . . . and acquire a firm foundation of skills and highly positive attitudes to learning”;
- “the teaching is good . . . and responsive to how the individual pupil is learning, and gentle in guiding . . . children to new experiences”;
- “pupils carry their innate love of learning, exploring and thinking throughout the day”;
- “governors are fully focused on monitoring and challenging the school’s performance”. (Ofsted Inspection Report, February 2014)
Indicators from 2015-16:
- The pupil roll increased from 186 to 234;
- Whole school attendance was steady at 95.28%, a slight increase on 2014-15;
- Unauthorised absence was low at 0.26%;
- Through the year, each year-group and class was full and the school’s global waiting list ranged between 60 and 80 through the year. The monthly open afternoon events were full throughout the year;
- The school received over 70 applications for the 52 rising 5 places for September 2016;
- The intake at rising 5 doubled from 26 to 52. This marked the beginning of double-form entry;
- In accordance with our funding agreement, the national tests at age 11 were properly administered;
- The ‘secondary-school’ phase of this all-through school began with the progression of the top class into Class 6 (Year 7);
- As the school roll increased by 52, fixed term exclusions, decreased significantly, from the 2014-15 figure of 11.5 days to 1.5 days.
We are growing and have teaching opportunities in Kindergarten and Middle School for September 2017.
Steiner Academy Frome is introducing the Thrive Approach in our school. To find out more...
We have added a further open afternoon on 30th June 2017.
We have 3 open afternoons coming up on 10th March (full) 12th May and 16th June
Evening Talk and Discussion with Peter Gruenewald - Tuesday 28th February, 7.30 p.m. ~ 9.00 p.m.