Tel: 01373 832804
Statutory School Admissions Consultation
In accordance with the requirements of the 2014 School Admissions Code, the Academy Trust responsible for the Steiner Academy Frome (The Admission Authority) is conducting a consultation in connection with proposals to alter the admission arrangements for this school. It is intended that the revised Admission Arrangements will apply with effect from 1 September 2017.
You may view the proposed 2017/18 School Admission Arrangements here 2017-18_School_Admission_Arrangements.pdf
The consultation will open on Monday 14th December 2015 and will close on Friday 29January 2016. During this period, you are invited to submit any comments concerning the proposed Admission Arrangements, by letter or email:
Please write to: Admission Arrangement Consultation
Steiner Academy Frome
Somerset BA11 1EU
The proposed alterations include:
- A substantial revision to the layout of the Admission Arrangements in the interests of providing additional clarity. Key areas of local policy are now set out under distinctive headings and the content has been simplified as far as possible.
- The Admission Arrangements include new policy concerning the admission of children below statutory school age, especially relating to ‘summer born’ children. This reflects the requirements of the 2014 School Admissions Code
- A revised definition of the child’s ‘home address’ (Section 1.4)
- A new Glossary and Definitions (Appendix A)
- A revised In-Year application Form (Appendix B)
- A Supplementary Information Form (Appendix C)
What happens next?
Following closure of the consultation, the Admission Authority will consider any comments returned during the consultation period. Within two calendar weeks of the consultation ending, a full response will be published on the School website and the consultees will be informed. Once agreed by the Admission Authority, the 2017/18 Admission Arrangements will be published on the School website by 15th March 2016.