Tel: 01373 832804
Recruitment - Vice Principal
We are seeking a new colleague to join our small leadership team as we look to move our young school into Frome and begin the second phase of life.
The school opened in September 2012 as the first Steiner Free School in England. It is an all-through school and will cater for children and young people between the ages of 4 and 16.
The Vice Principal (Teaching and Learning) will be responsible for the programme and quality of teaching and learning and the assessment and monitoring of pupil progress. A primary aim is to maintain the ethos and integrity of Steiner education within a state-funded framework.
Currently, we have 160 pupils on roll, from Kindergarten to Class 4, and our classes are full. The growth plan to a full school of over 600 pupils is based on the model of a single point of admission at rising 5.
The Vice Principal will work closely with the Principal and will carry specific responsibility for the content of the school’s educational offer.
Keynotes of the task and the role include:
- enabling and managing healthy, year-on-year pupil growth at both ends of the school
- establishing the school in its permanent home in Frome
- researching appropriate forms of external validation and accreditation at 14+
- responsibility for teacher induction, teacher training and professional development
The successful applicant will have a broad range of skills and qualities including:
- knowledge & understanding of the ideas & principles underlying Steiner education
- willingness and capacity to hold and steer the school’s ethos and strategic vision
- proven positive experience teaching and working with teenagers in schools
- ability to lead, serve and work alongside a range of individuals and groups
- excellent organisational and management skills
- working proficiency in school-level data-analysis
The town of Frome is situated in a very attractive and interesting pocket of the south-west, on the edge of the Mendips, just 12 miles south of Bath and 15 miles east from Wells and Glastonbury.
If you think you are ready and able to take on this demanding and exciting job, please contact the Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
The closing date for application forms is Friday, 25th April, 2014
We’re committed to safeguarding children and expect all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment procedures and any post is subject to background checks, including references and enhanced DBS checks.